Wednesday, August 25, 2010

ALL GOOD THINGS COME IN 3'S

Good Thing #1:    Okay- for those of you that don't have Facebook; this is for you.  On the day I entered that dreaded writing contest (that I didn't win!) I was sitting quietly at my desk working on a homicide file when an e-mail from Andrew Grant popped up on my screen.  Andrew?  Why is he sending me an e-mail.  Did I do the unthinkable again and send him another message?  According to the message he sent; I did.  My friends really need to watch me more carefully.  Andrew was being as kind as he always is with me and thanking me for telling people about his books.  I didn't just send him an e-mail bragging about my contributions to his fame-I forwarded a message from a friend that had read his books and was passing the word along to her father.  It's all about word of mouth these days, right?  Just doing my part to keep this guy happy!

But wait!  That isn't all that happened on the day I entered that dreaded writing contest.  Did I tell you I didn't win?  I didn't win. 

Good Thing #2:   About an hour later when I signed in to check my Twitter account, (yes, I have a twitter account) I noticed I had a new follower.  A new follower...I know!  Totally shocking!  This would allow me to bring my world wide tweets to 4 people.  That's right...one, two, three, four!  Any guesses as to who my new follower is?  That's right, people-it's Andrew Grant!  Imagine, he actually thinks my tweets might be valuable.  I've only sent a total of six since I've started tweeting, but I am soooooooo ready get serious about it!

My day ended with me overly exhausted thanks to all the excitement in my day.  First there was the writing contest that I didn't win-but I was posted and congratulated for making it to the comment board.  That's good enough for me!  I couldn't hold my lunch in my over anxious belly because of it, but this truly was a good experience for me.  I might try another one in a few weeks.  I want to make sure Janet Reid has time to forget who I am.  And for all my curious friends- she is still allowing me to follow her on Twitter.  (I pray she continues this kindness.  I'd be lost in the reader world without her.)  Then of course the next major shocks to my system was the e-mail from Andrew and finding him following me on Twitter.  Such a scary thought. Does this mean I have to put more thought into my blogging?  Ugh-I really hope not!

Good Thing #3:   My package of goods didn't end there.  While preparing dinner for my super funny hubby, he hollered at me to come to the computer.  He pulled up my Facebook page and showed me the most unimaginable good news...Andrew Grant accepted my friendship request!  I am so happy my husband understands my need to be a true supporter of this man.  Andrew changed my life.  He really did!  When the time is right and my thoughts are finally in order; I'll tell you all about it.  It's a tear-jerker of a story.  I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it.  All good stuff though-promise.

Well, this is my post for today; only because I'm not quite ready to talk about Farm Fresh Murder, by Paige Shelton and I don't want any e-mails complaining about me putting my new found writing career before my blog. 

Oh!  I almost forgot.  Andrew left me a message on Facebook today! 

This week ROCKS!

7 comments:

Sabrina E. Ogden said...

I AM SUCH A GOOF! This has to be the most ridiculously lame blog I've ever been a part of. I love it! Note to self...don't forget to label the posts! File this under Andrew Grant! Duh!

Leah Anderson said...

Hi, Sabrina!!! Here's my comment for the day! I always love to read your posts!

Christine said...

Rubbing shoulders with the rich and famous now are we? You must have definitely sparked an interest in Mr. Andrew Grant for him to have personally sent you an email. Whoo hoooo!!! You are a very interesting person, Kate/Sabrina. Your imagination,creativity and flamboyant thoughts are always intriguing. Keep up the good work! I have a thought for your next short story. Come visit. Reach for the Stars and keep dreaming alive and good thoughts for Mr. Andrew Grant. Tell him, TTFN. (a good old English sign off.)

Unknown said...

Hi Sabrina/Kate! I must say that your blog is my first laugh and smile of the day! Thanks for the laughs and smiles...keep it up.

Sara said...

It's always so refreshing to read your posts...keep blogging! I can't wait to hear about the book, either.

Unknown said...

Kate, you just keep surprising me with your witty blog. You keep me on the edge of my seat waiting and wanting more. By the way I don’t think anyone is shocked that Andrew Grant accepted you as a friend on FB. He is a smart man and wants to keep his admirers up to date on his new and exciting endeavors.

Unknown said...

Kate/Sabrina, although I don't do Facebook, twitter, or tweet myself, I must say that I find your blogs to be fascinating, very entertaining, and right down hilarious! you portray such a "joie de vivre" (joy of life) in your stories. carry on....and yes, good things DO come in 3's!