Monday, July 19, 2010

My Dearest Andrew~

So, I was thinking that if I wanted to go see Andrew Grant at a book appearance it might be best for me to try to get to know him before hand. You know, develop some on-line friendship between us so when the book tour gets started it won't be so awkward for any of us when we actually meet. The following letter is my attempt to persuade Andrew into a friendship. I'll let you know if he responds. Something tells me he won't-but I think it's worth a try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Look, I’m totally going out on a limb in writing this e-mail. My husband already thinks I’ve turned into a book freak and he almost bit his tongue off when I told him we would be planning next year’s vacations around at least two of Andrew Grant’s book appearances. The only reason why he’s agreeing to it is because I’m hoping that you’ll be kind and schedule your US book tour during baseball season. Heck, I might even be able to convince him to head to England since we have friends in Sheffield that we’ve been meaning to stop by and visit for about 10 years now. I like to think I’m good at rationalizing things-and so far…I’m impressing myself.

On a more serious note…I think you’re great! Love the books and I totally think David T. is H-O-T…HOT!

Honestly, I just want to be the friendly face in the crowd that shows up to encourage you and tell you how amazing your work is. I tell my friends that you moving on from the world of telecommunications is one of the best things that could have happened to me. You see, I took some time off from reading and when I picked up a book again it totally changed me for the better. (Don’t tell your brother but I didn’t even know who Lee Child was until I read your first book) I’m happy and I just want to support those wonderfully gifted individuals that are helping me become so excited about life. So, if you’re interested, my husband and I would be more than happy to take you to a game during one of your scheduled stops in the US next year. That’s if you like baseball-if not, dinner out will work for us too!

Here’s to wishing you the best in your new career and much, much happiness-

Sabrina E. Ogden (my friends call me Kate)
Salt Lake City

2 comments: