Sunday, November 6, 2011

Click x 6

Before I share my purchases from last week I want to announce the winner of the first four books in the Black London series by Caitlin Kittredge.  The winner is Mary B. I want to thank all of you for taking the time to visit the blog and for leaving comments.  I'll get the books to you ASAP, Mary. Congratulations!

Okay, my Kindle purchases last week contained some pretty great reads.

It looks like past sinister deeds come back to haunt University teacher, Jake Reese, in this incredible thriller by John Rector. If you click on the above link you will find a Q & A with John Rector on the Amazon site. Great stuff.

I met John Rector at Bouchercon. Okay, I didn't really "meet" him. We were never formerly introduced. But I did mistake him for someone else thanks to the mood lighting in the hotel bar.  I held his hand, made some conversation, and was in the process of sharing my deepest thoughts when I noticed his name tag.  Ugh!

Kick It by McDroll $0.99

Hey, lookie, my good friend Fiona has a book. This collection of short stories will introduce you to one of Twitter's favorite female short story characters, Gemma Dixon, a young investigator starting out at the bottom in her career. You'll be begging for McDroll to write you a novel when her character pulls you in with her subtle humor, tough-as-nails exterior, and heartbreaking case load.  Yep, this is just the beginning for McDroll's writing. 




The Lost Children: A Charity Anthology edited by Thomas Pluck, Fiona Johnson, and Ron Earl Phillips  $2.99

This anthology is what happens when people step outside themselves and give to the greater good. Prompted by a photo (see the cover) people were invited to write short stories... from there my good friends put together this anthology with all the proceeds benefiting children's charities.  Hey, for $2.99 we can all afford to give.




Beat to a Pulp: Hardboiled edited by Scott D. Parker and David Cranmer  $0.99
"BEAT to a PULP: Hardboiled is a compilation of uncompromising, gritty tales following in the footsteps of the tough and violent fiction popularized by the legendary Black Mask magazine in its early days." 

What's really great about this collection of stories - besides the cover - is that I know pretty much all of the contributors. I'm really looking forward to reading this one.



No Rest for The Witches: A Dark Mission Novella by Karina Cooper  $1.99

For my friends following Karina Cooper's Dark Mission series, you'll definitely want to snag her latest novella.  Oh, yeah, now would be a good time for you to pre-order the next book in the series, All Things Wicked, scheduled for release on January 12, 2012.




The Caretaker (Two Short Stories) by J.D. Rhoades  $0.99


"A couple of tales from the graveyard...


In "The Caretaker," William Cain doesn't know why only he can see the new arrivals in his cemetery, or why they tell him their stories--but he knows how to take care of their unfinished business. 



I've added some links to the side of the blog that will highlight some books available for pre-order.  I'd like to invite you to check them out and pre-order if you feel moved to do so. Also, for my coworkers, if you see a book that you are interested in and would like me to order it for you, just holler.  Nothing makes me happier than placing a book or two in your hands.

1 comment:

Nigel Bird said...

They all look really good, but that Beat To A Pulp cover sure does it for me.